What We Believe
CPC is a non-denominational church located in the city of Shawnee. We strive to know Jesus Christ and to make Him known to the community around us. We believe, as followers of Jesus, we are called to be a blessing to our city. To this end we help the city by providing services to the poor and needy, enriching marriages, providing classes and instruction in the Scriptures, and offering a fun and safe environment for children and teens.
Cross Points Church is an interdenominational, Spirit-filled church that is evangelical in doctrine and charismatic in worship and ministry. We strive to blend the heritage of historical Christianity with the innovative creativity of a contemporary church.
Statement of Faith – Beliefs
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority by which all human opinions, creeds, or conducts shall be tried and judged.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born to the Virgin Mary, and is both true God and true man.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His precious blood shed on Calvary’s cross.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has ascended into heaven and ever lives to intercede for us as our High Priest.
- We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ, the personal return of our Lord and Savior.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that mankind sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, those who have done good unto the resurrection of life and those who have done evil unto the resurrection of judgment. (John 5:29)
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord are born again of the Holy Spirit and have become children of God and members of the Body of Christ.
- We believe every person should be water baptized by immersion, as commanded by our Lord, following his/her conversion to Christ. Water baptism is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:36-39). We respect those who hold another view on the mode of baptism.
- We believe that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a second experience subsequent to salvation for believers who have already been born again. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit anoints the child of God with power to witness and with supernatural strength to live the resurrected life. We believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit should be operating in each local church today, even as they did in the early church. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.